GREETINGS FROM YOUR EXALTED RULER...
It is America's birthday!
I get to see fireworks this year from 30 thousand feet while flying back from the Elks National Convention in Texas. Thank you to all who contributed to my travel fund.
I hope everyone has enjoyed the summer so far. Heritage Fest will be here before you know it. We will be running kids corner again this year and need volunteers to help with the festivities so keep us in mind.
Forever in Elkdom,
Branden Johnson, ER
FROM THE SECRETARY...
Summer is definitely in full force right now! Thanks to everyone who has sent in dues so far~ We are still short dues from 52 members, so please be sure to submit dues before the drop date to avoid reinstatement fees. We didn't have an initiation in June, but we did reinstate 2 past members- welcome back to the lodge! With all the activities coming up, I look forward to seeing you all throughout the rest of summer!
Laura Johnson, Secretary
FROM THE TRUSTEES...
- July 12: Guest Chef Dinner by Matt Skeel
- July 14: Elks Storm the Island
- August 04: Build A Burger
- August 15: Guest Chief Dinner
- August 18: Golf Scramble
- August 26: 2nd Anual Minimal Regatta
- September 01: Build A Burger
- September 05: Wednesday Meals at Elks - Beef Sandwiches
- September 14: Elk 94's 130th Anniversary
- September 15: Breakfast and Parade
- September 15: Kids Corner
- September 15: Band: Rusty Vinyl
- October 04: Annual Inspection
- October 06: Build A Burger Birthday Dinner
- October 27: SCYP BOOzin’ Bar Crawl and Halloween movie night
- November 03: Gun and Cash Raffle
- November 10: Veterans Day Dinner
- November 22: Thanksgiving Safezone
- December 02: Memorial Service
- December 15: Kids Christmas Party
- December 15: Hoop Shoot
- December 24: Tom and Jerry party
- December 27: Martini Party
- January 22: RF&B @ The Elks
- February 02: Build a Burger
- February 03: Super Bowl Party
- February 13: Oven Roasted Chicken Meal
- February 22: Flat Iron Steak Meal
- March 02: Build-a-Burger
- March 13: Dinner at the Elks
- March 16: St. Patty's Day Dinner
- March 22: Dinner at the Elks
- March 23: Ladies Night!
- April 06: Build a Burger
- April 10: Dinner at the Elks - Ribs or Eggplant Parmesan
- April 13: Awards Party!
- April 20: New Elks Officers Installation Ceremony
- April 26: Arbor Day Benefit Dinner at Elks
- May 04: Build-a-Burger, Derby Party
- May 11: Build your own Pasta Dinner
- May 15: Brisket Dinner
- May 22: Dinner TBD
- July 27: PineWood Derby Race
Happy Independence Day!
We will be closed on the 4th to allow everyone to celebrate. Also, we will not have a July Build a Burger due to the proximity to the holiday. On July 12th we will host dinner by a guest cook with the menu to be determined. We hope to see everyone at dinner supporting the Elks.
Saturday, July 14th will be the Tiffin Elks Day at Kelleys Island. The day will begin at the winery for lunch at 11 am. We will move around the island visiting the many attractions. This is a family-friendly event to have fun on the island throughout the day. We hope to see a bunch of Elks invade the Island.
Future events include the Golf Tournament on August 18th at Clinton Heights. This event is open to everyone and all skill levels. Please contact Chuck Jones, 419-606-2462, if you are interested. August 26th is this year’s Regatta at the Bel Mar. It will be a day of events and fun on the water.
|Mary Kate Hayes
Be sure to come down and get your FREE
birthday dinner on July 12th!!